Sunday, August 10, 2008

Starting again




Wikispaces, webpages, pbwiki, forums, email. Chalk that up to different formats of communication I have used with my students to try to communicate in ways to help them understand? Now I'll try a blog, hoping to use the metacognitive aspect of journaling to get them to activate their prior knowledge. You can get more details here.

Huh?! What?!

Translation: Instead of using your science journals to comment to me privately about what you think daily, you will comment in a group format through comments. By thinking about what we do in class, it is the hope that you will become more adept at monitoring your own learning and your learning strategies. This is a key strategy for learners.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Kewl blog! I can't wait to see how it develops.

Hannah said...

I say "Whatever" welcome to the DA....no no no no no no no yes, no blogspot!

Unknown said...

You're outside the box?! I think I like Neopets blogs just as well...