Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kathy, are you ready for this?

Well, I helped my friend, Kathy, put together a blog this summer as part of my work for this class I was taking (WebEDU681). I got so excited about the world of blogging, and its implications for kids, and it seemed like this could be a great thing for her as she tried to get her kids to use their new laptops at their schools. It would be a way she could keep track of her students' writing and work through easy editing. Two days of working together at the coffee shop and I was hooked. I hope she is as excited.

Honestly, I wish I had such a clear idea for what I am going to do with this blog. The original thought was to post journal questions for each of my students, but I still am toying with the idea of original comments, or blogs of their own. I think I will stick with the comments for now, because students need the opportunity to become consumers of blogs before they become managers of their own!

I wonder what business chooses as its preferred model: blogs or wikis? My guess would be wikis, because you are called to be accountable.

No comments: